Wednesday, August 17, 2011

flash parties

So, my parents just got back from Canada. I heard all about their vacation - the ice wine that they drank, the wine tasting that they went on, the steak dinner that they got and they couldn't WAIT to tell me about the flash party that they had witnessed. (And still can't wait to show me the pictures of...)

That's right. Philadelphia has flash mobs right now, Canada has flash parties. Clearly, we're doing something wrong.

So, here's the premise. Apparently the invitation stated that at 8:30pm they were going to block off a certain street and everybody had to show up wearing all white (so that you knew who was at the party) and you had to bring and decorate your own table (and whoever decorated their table the best won a prize) and you had to bring your own food - but live music was provided.

Apparently, my parents happened to be in the middle of this street at 8:30pm. (Lucky them!)

This sounds - awesome. Seriously, why didn't I think of this sooner? The ideas are stirring in my head.... Rittenhouse anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment