Wednesday, August 10, 2011

so, you want to own your own greeting card shoppe?

Yes, it's definitely a shoppe with two p's and an e. A greeting card shoppe.

I made a New Year's Resolution this year on July 1st. (Better late than never?) My goal is to send a homemade greeting card to all of my close acquaintances on or before their birthdays. It's been over a month of greeting card fun at this point and I thought maybe the world might like to see the highlights. If you'd like to be on the list - or double check that you're on the list, just let me know.

Now it's not that these cards are the best of the best, or any of the cards that don't make it online aren't special or weren't made from the heart, I promise. Maybe one day I'll talk about the process I go through to decide how to make each card, but as I said, I promise - every card is made special. It's just that with each one of these there was something out of the ordinary about them. Maybe next time it will be your card that ends up on here.



this idea was inspired by wedding invitations,
two thank you cards for a wonderful trip
to Los Angeles and Las Vegas
-my favorite part: the fact that it folds up into its own envelope-
-the challenge: making sure it doesn't come apart in the mail, aka choosing the right adhesive-
-note: I was informed that last time I sent something to Cali, the pieces fell apart before arriving-





a 30th birthday card
-my favorite part: I've been looking for a good place to use that sticker for four years (not kidding)-
-the challenge: getting the ribbon to stay-




my mother's birthday card
-my favorite part: um, it's a lady bug?-
-the challenge: deciding whether or not to make the wings open, ultimate decision was no-
-note: my mother tried to open the wings for a few seconds when she got the card-




a graduation card
-my favorite part: the picture on the cover-
-the challenge: cutting around the edge of the picture-




a 23rd birthday card
-my favorite part: the colors and the writing on the left-hand side-
-the challenge: deciding whether to put the polka dots on the top or bottom of the cover-




a thank you card
-my favorite part: the flower-
-the challenge: not breaking the flower before I glued it on-




graduation party thank you cards
-my favorite part: the sayings on the front-
-the challenge: making them all in a week-




a bridal shower card
-my favorite part: the flower on the front-
-the challenge: not overdoing the flower colors on the front-



an envelope
-my favorite part: the color scheme-

-the challenge: making sure it doesn't fall apart in the mail, I ended up taping it-



I currently don't own any envelopes that are over 5.75" x 8.75", so if I accidentally make a card that is bigger than that in either direction, I end up making my own envelopes too. Also, if you go over 6" in the shorter direction and you're mailing it, you have to double the postage.

And last but not least is the logo variations.



Maybe one day I'll own a greeting card shoppe. But for now, I'll just keep blogging about it :)


3 comments:

  1. You should start an Etsy shop! I'm going to do that with my crochet scarves lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you're the second person to tell me that. You're actually the second person named Jamie to tell me that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. muy creativa, mi amiga... te deseo todo el suerte del mundo... Love, Lizette :)

    ReplyDelete